Sunday, March 2, 2014

March is here. The madness is not.

Aaah. The month that all basketball fanatics join together to strategically map out their favorite team's journey to the final four. The madness! The insanity! The chaos! (But not really lol).

This isn't a post about college basketball.

As I reflect on the first two months of 2014, I'd have to say that my mentality and habits weren't much different than they were all last year. I just became much more indifferent. However, after adopting a new 2014 slogan (Romans 12:1-2), a shift began in the concluding weeks of February.

To my surprise, my mind is, in fact, being renewed. Everyday for the past few weeks I am able to gradually adopt new perspectives on God, my life, and my purpose. The "madness" that resided in my thoughts is slowly giving way to peace of mind (and by slowly, I mean painfully slow). I'm excited about March. Not because I have some fond connection with this month or because it's women's history month (which, I must say,does make it cool) or because I like college basketball.

I'm excited about what new changes are going to come about in me and possibly through me this month. I start classes at CSU-Global on the 10th and as far as physical health goes, I've already started changing my diet. I just feel like new habits are going to be formed and old habits are going to die. I'm excited about that.

I'm also excited about what new spiritual things I'll learn. One of my best friends bought me a book by Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church in NC called, "Crash the Chatterbox." I've been listening to the sermons in a series by the same name and I'm eager to read the book. And if that isn't enough, I've rekindled friendships with people I've known for years who have made the same decision to follow Christ and renew their minds too!

The one thing I can do without in March is the snow. I really, really am about tired of the snow. But other than that.. bring on the new month!!

-ElleBee

No comments:

Post a Comment